Friday, January 12, 2018

Back on Track!

Joy of joys. Your good wishes and Kathy B's magic chants have returned the wayward sock.

I came home yesterday and while I was doing the leftover dishes from the morning I asked my son to tidy up the living room a little. I said, "Hey, let me know if you find a knit sock. I can't find one of my Christmas socks."

He wandered off to his room, came back and said he found it with his clean laundry he put away earlier that day. (Of course, he just left it in the hamper) I gave him a big hug. Ah so many things we try to do at the same time, with our hands full. At least this is my excuse for it being in there.

So to celebrate I knit the heel flap last night :)



Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about my gift knits that I said I was going to work on this weekend. I have already sorted two new projects into project bags.

Keep your crafting dreams alive friends! Have a wonderful weekend.

21 comments:

  1. I'm SO glad you found your wayward sock. Let the knitting commence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for finding a lost sock and not having to reknit it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray, so glad it turned up. It is one gorgeous sock, love it. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. See when boys clean up there is no telling what they will find! Now if they would do it more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband and I laughed so much when I read this to him, ha!

      Delete
  5. Glad your naughty sock reappeared! I had a similar mystery with my favorite bracelet (from my GD) It went AWOL for a week and mysteriously reappeared probably where I'd left it. Bet you're more motivated to finish sock #2 now!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right. I am SO motivated to finish this sock!!

      Delete
  6. Yippee for returned missing socks! Now, if the washer/dryer would give up the socks it takes as sacrifices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your son doesn't put his laundry away right away? Haha. My son NEVER put his laundry away. I had to keep extra baskets on hand.
    But he did find your missing sock, so he's earned his keep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This made me feel so good. hehe. And yes, he did earn his keep. In fact, he's been on a marked kindness roll these days.

      Delete
  8. I hate when I lose a knit sock because it usually means it got into the wash and I've ruined it. I never have any luck with machine washing even superwash sock yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is what I feared MOST when he waved it around saying he found it in the hamper.

      Delete
  9. well well well, how lucky is that sock? and you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I think I'm going to have to buy a lottery ticket now!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful sock! Life does get crazy for a time...ride it out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your sweet comments about my cards. Yeah, I understand why you'd be intimidated by a studio class. I feel the same way about them as you. I would want all these answers to my questions to get a sense of what the vibe is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the card reaction cheer. She loved her card and knew I put a lot of time and thought into it. My aunt is very much about those things. Presentation is a must.

      Delete
  12. Yay for found things - especially beautiful wayward socks!!

    ReplyDelete